Business

Cengiz Enerji to Convert Wind Power Plants into Hybrid Power Plants

Gökşen Akyüz 8 months ago 13334
İçindekiler

Cengiz Enerji plans to install solar panels under its wind power plants (WPPs), the first phase of which was commissioned last year, to generate an additional 85 megawatts of installed capacity.

ANKARA (AA) - Cengiz Enerji plans to install solar panels under its wind power plants (WPPs), the first phase of which was commissioned last year, to generate an additional 85 megawatts of installed capacity.

According to a statement released by the company, Cengiz Enerji, which commissioned the first phase of the WPPs in Çankırı and Sinop last year, will transform the plants into hybrid power plants with solar panels to be built underneath these WPPs. Within the scope of the project, where the first panels have started to be installed in Sinop, 65 thousand solar panels will be added to the Hamsi WPP with an installed capacity of 35 megawatts. Meanwhile, 94 thousand solar panels with an installed capacity of 50 megawatts will be installed at the Çerkeş WPP in Çankırı.

Cengiz Holding Energy Group President Ahmet Cengiz stated that renewable energy plays a critical role in combating the climate crisis, reducing dependence on fossil fuels, and ensuring energy supply security.

Stating that Turkey is among the world’s leading countries in renewable energy capacity growth, Cengiz said: “Despite ongoing supply chain disruptions and high raw material costs, global renewable energy capacity installations are expected to reach 320 gigawatts this year, setting a new record, according to the International Energy Agency. It is estimated that 60 percent of this year’s capacity will come from solar energy, while wind, hydroelectricity and other renewable sources will account for the remaining 40 percent. Turkey is among the world’s leading countries in this field with the increase in renewable energy investments. We will continue to support the further utilization of our country’s natural resources and invest in this field. In this context, we added 5 turbines with an additional capacity of 32 megawatts to our 28-turbine investment we started last year. Thus, we will increase our wind-based energy generation power to 152 megawatts in 2023. We aim to maximize the efficiency and capacity of our existing investments with hybrid projects.”

Cengiz Holding and its subsidiaries have hydroelectric power plants with a total installed capacity of 2,311 megawatts. Having commissioned its solar power plants in 2016, the company has realized SPPs with a total capacity of 206,17 megawatts in 11 different cities across Turkey.

Cengiz Holding, which started generating electricity from wind energy in 2021 and commissioned the first units of the WPPs in Çankırı and Sinop last year, will have an installed capacity of 152 megawatts with 33 turbines in wind energy with the commissioning of the Karamürsel WPP under construction in Kocaeli. With the 85-megawatt SPP investments to be realized in Çankırı and Sinop, the total installed capacity of Cengiz Holding’s renewable energy investments consisting of hydroelectricity, wind and solar will reach 2,840 megawatts.

 

Post Views: 13334
Gökşen Akyüz

Bir Cevap bırakın

E-posta adresiniz yayınlanmayacaktır. Gerekli alanlar işaretlendi *